Help Make Wishes Come True – May Needs List:
For May, our wish list emphasizes school and health items which will fit in suitcases and can be hand-carried to Uganda in mid-June. These items are lightweight and/or costly or hard to find in Uganda. See the complete list below.
- Flip flops – for ages 4 to 10. Most of our school children go to school barefoot.
- Drawstring nylon knapsacks which are lightweight and can serve as a school backpack. Insert a gallon ziplock bag inside and you have a waterproof backpack which will keep exercise books and school papers dry. If you google Nike Drawstring gym bag, you will see an example of one. Costs range from $10 to $15.
- Calculators – the $8 to $10 kind that can do basic algebra and geometry functions.
- Children’s chewable vitamins – for our HIV positive children who need extra nutritional help!
- Older girls’ rain ponchos – foldable into a small plastic sack or pocket. Child size XL or Ladies S/M
- Girls’ sundresses – sizes 4 to 12
- New or used soccer shoes – for ages 10 to 14
- Donations for Nursery Playground Equipment – we will buy or build the playground items in Uganda!
Please mail your donations by June 16 to :
9457 S University Blvd #410
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126