Can You Help with Any of These Items?
Donations Needed for Uganda Trip
We’re beginning to collect donations for our next trip to Uganda in early February. These items need to fit into checked baggage suitcases. Has your child outgrown some of these items or do you know a school that might want to have a toy and school supply drive for us?
- Pre-school blocks – tinker toys; brain flakes; mega block/duplo block vehicles and specialized sets such as farm yard or firehouse; magnablocks; cardboard blocks-still flattened; bristle blocks
- Play Dough
- Play Dough Tools for classroom use
- Pencils, black pens, blue pens
- Pre-school box games – especially Candyland and Chutes and Ladders. What are other popular ones? We have Hungry Hippos.
- Hot Wheels cars (metal ones are best) and track
- Girls’/women’s new underwear – 200 pairs needed in girls’ sizes 10, 12, 14 16, and women’s sizes small medium and large (to go in sanitary pad kits for girls in our Girls’ Education Initiative program). Hipster and low-rise brief styles preferred for the girls’ sizes.
- Bingo set with 50 to 60 bingo cards suitable for kindergarteners to 2nd graders
- Bingo prizes such as bouncy balls and small toys you might find at U.S. Toy or similar places
- 60th Anniversary hardboard edition of Harold and the Purple Crayon
- Larger magnet board (such as 24″ x 36″) which would fold and fit into a suitcase
- 29″ and 31″ lighter weight suitcases (used okay) – to transport stuff to Uganda!
- Basic camera preferably with charger unit and battery, and case – to be used at school
- Any teaching supplies/tools/equipment/books – from a retiring preschool or K to 2nd grade teacher
- Thinner, lightweight laptop carrying bags (can’t be too heavy or big)
- Money donations to help cover airline’s extra luggage costs of $200 per suitcase
- Small plastic flexible photo albums (like from Walmart or Walgreens) which hold 20 to 40 4 x 6 photos
Use Your Purchase Power to Help Outreach Uganda Save Money or Earn Donations from Others:
- Photo processing coupons, or credits to use online
- Shopping on Amazon for the holidays? — use this direct link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-0767575 or go to smile.amazon.com and name Outreach Uganda as your charity. Amazon mails OU monthly donation checks based on the volume of purchases made. It all adds up!
- Thinking of going solar at your home or business (especially popular in sunny Colorado) – Solar City will give Outreach Uganda a $200 check for each solar installation. Email us for more info on how to do this.
- Donate airline miles to Outreach Uganda
Questions or need more info? Give us a call at 303/683-8450 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our next trip to Uganda is scheduled for early February. With the holidays rapidly approaching, we’d love to have your donations before Thanksgiving.