Help our 200+ Ugandan women beaders and their families achieve their dreams by towards three major projects that we are focusing on and which we believe will have the maximum impact on their lives. Money goes much further in Uganda than it does in the U.S. For just a small amount of money, you can make incredible things happen. Things that can have a dramatic impact on the future of one family, one woman or one child. We are a 501(c)(3) charitable organization so any gift you make is fully tax deductible in the U.S.
Your investment in the Ugandan beaders' lives gives hope to their hearts, sparkles to their eyes, and joy to their lives. We know. We spend over 2 months each year in Uganda with our beader groups and can see firsthand how powerfully your gifts improve and then transform their lives.
Special priorities for 2017 are:
1. Building 1 more classroom block - at our northern Uganda primary school - for 1 nursery classroom + 1 kindergarten classroom
2. Helping our Jinja beader group begin their home building program - needed for common area improvements such as: a well, sewage system, electricity-related and perimeter fencing. Next up will be building the first phase of 10 homes! Estimated cost: substantial. Contact us for details.
3. Provide student desks for our kindergarten to 2nd grade classrooms where students are sitting on the floor. One 3-seater desk costs $60. In total, we need 45 more desks. Total cost: $2,700.
4. Expand our Girls' Education Initiative program which helps keep over 120 northern Uganda girls in school.
5. Replace our Old Reliable Van. Our used van that we purchased in June 2011 has served us well. But it now has almost 300,000 miles on it, and is no longer reliable, breaking down on almost very trip. We really do need a newer model used van with much less miles on it! Estimated cost: $13,000.
As one of our long-time supporters said recently, we can see you're changing lives! We do that only with your help which in turn inspires our women and families to have confidence in themselves and to persevere no matter what.